So you’ve made an offer, perhaps you’ve even sent several counter-offer letters back and forth.
Now comes the next big step: paperwork. And phone calls.
You have to call mortgage brokers/lenders, you have to call insurance agents… it goes on and on.
And don’t even talk about financing.
Here’s the list of what I was asked to provide to my mortgage broker:
- Copy of drivers license
- Cpy of social security card
- Copy of last 30 days pay stubs
- Copy of last 3 months financial records (investment and retirement)
- Copy of last 3 months bank statements
- Tax return for the last 2 years
- W-2 form for the last 2 years
Ho boy, it makes for quite the stack of dead trees. (It’s no match for the POA documents though. PHEW.)
Things are calming down – I’ve spoken and gotten insurance, I’ve gotten all the paperwork to who needs it.